The Joy of the Demitasse Cup
※Admission is by appointment only on weekends, holidays and during the final week of the exhibition.
August 24 (Sat.) to October 10 (Sun.) , 2021
The Shoto Museum of Art 40th Anniversary Exhibition
This is Sirai Seiichi
※Admission is by appointment only on weekends, holidays and during the final week of the exhibition (part 1: 12/7-12/12, part 2: 1/25-1/30).
※Some works will be replaced during the exhibition period.
Part 1: Chronicle of Shirai Seiichi October 23 (Sat.)－December 12 (Sun.), 2021
Part 2: Back to 1981- Museum Unveiling January 4 (Tue.)－ January 30 (Sun.), 2022
Note on Advance Booking needed for the Exhibition, The Joy of the Demitasse Cup
In order to prevent the spreading of COVID-19 and to reduce congestion during this exhibition on the Demitasse Cup, we ask you to book in advance for certain days.
Advance booking is required for all Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, and from Tuesday 5th to Sunday 10th of October. On all other days, no booking is necessary.
- All visitors planning to visit on the above days/dates must book in advance. (This also applies to holders of invitations, invitation tickets, disability certificates, Gurutto Pass, etc.)
- Bookings can be made through the following website from 14 days before your planned date. You cannot make a booking at the museum reception nor by telephone.
- Unfortunately, this website is available in Japanese only. If you have any difficulty in making your booking in Japanese, please send us your name, preferred date and time in English to the following e-mail address.
- A maximum of 4 people per group can be booked. No booking is required for pre-school children.
- Please pay the admission fee at the reception desk on the day of your visit. There are no advance tickets.
- Please arrive within the time frame of your booking. If you arrive outside this time you may not be allowed to enter the museum. Please note also that your stay in the museum should not exceed one hour.
- Please print out your booking confirmation e-mail and bring it with you, or show it on your phone or other mobile device at the reception.
- Please set your device to receive the booking confirmation e-mail from "@airrsv.net".
- Please kindly note that our admission restrictions, dates advanced booking required and opening times are subject to change. We ask you to check our website for the latest information.
Requests to Visitors:（Please be sure to read）
- Please refrain from visiting if you have a fever or feel unwell.
- To avoid congestion, we will restrict the number of visitors inside the museum under 50.
You will be given a "number tag" when you enter the museum.
- Usually we offer a discount for groups of over 10 people; although we will suspend the acceptance of group visits as a tentative measure.
In case you come to the museum with others, please keep the number of people in the party to less than 5.
- Please be sure to wear a mask. No one without a mask is allowed to enter.
- Please disinfect your hands with the disinfectants placed around the museum.
- Please keep a distance of 1 to 2 meters from other visitors inside the building.
- Please note that we will not be able to keep your baggage at reception.
And some of the lockers will not be available.
- If you have any questions about the exhibited works, please call, write or email us.
Please refrain from asking the questions directly to the staff in the exhibition rooms.
- If we judge that the museum is overcrowded, we will restrict admission.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.